- Advantage Checking
Southern Federal Credit Union is determined to make your money work for you. Once you’ve reviewed our Checking features and benefits – you’ll agree that our members have the advantage!
All of our Checking Accounts come with these outstanding benefits:
- Low or No Opening Deposit – No deposit is necessary when opening your account by signing up for Direct Deposit or a $250 Payroll Deduction. Otherwise, a minimum deposit of $250 by cash, check or money order will be required.
- Free Visa Debit Card
- Mobile Deposit, make mobile deposits anywhere, anytime
- No monthly service charges
- No minimum balance requirement
- Free 24/7 online banking with Online Account Access including Mobile App
- Free account alerts including balance alerts, transaction alerts and notification of when a check clears by email or a text message to your cell phone
- Free E-Statements or Paper monthly statements
- Free check images online with Account Access
- Free Online Bill Pay Plus
- Free Direct Deposit & Automatic Payments
- 4 Free Temporary Checks
- Earn monthly dividends on balances of $250 or more
- Unlimited check writing
- Allpoint – 55,000+ surcharge-free ATM locations worldwide
- Overdraft Protection* from Savings or Overdraft Line of Credit Loan
- Overdraft Privilege*
- Coming 2018 – MobiMoney app to manage your debit card
- Coming 2019 – Account to Account and Person to Person online transfers
*SFCU offers overdraft protection from your savings account. In the event you do not have the funds in your checking account to cover a transaction, we can overdraft from your savings account to pay it. There is no monthly service charge to have this protection. In the event that you need us to overdraft from your savings account, a $2.00 overdraft fee per transfer will be charged to your checking account. Restrictions apply; member must qualify for overdraft privilege and line of credit loan. Applicable interest applies for line of credit advances. Please call for more information.
- Elite Checking
Our Elite Checking Account is designed exclusively for member age 55+ and offers a practical and cost-effective way to handle your finances.
In addition to the benefits included in all SFCU Checking Accounts, our Elite account offers:
- One free box of checks annually
- Free Overdraft Protection from Savings
- Prime Checking
Our Prime Checking Account was created specifically for the next generation of SFCU members ages 13-21. Teens age 13-18 must have a parent or legal guardian as joint owner for the checking account. By grouping unique account benefits with the latest in technology and convenience, our Prime Checking Account will help make your financial life a great success story.
In addition to the benefits included in all SFCU Checking Accounts, our Prime account offers:
- Free first box of checks
- Free Overdraft Protection from Savings
- .50% discount on first auto loan with SFCU
- Visa Debit Cards
To report a lost or stolen Visa Debit Card, please call 866-664-9364 or outside the U.S. at 972-391-6840. You may also visit the credit union or call 832-769-3240 during regular business hours.
Our Fraud Department may contact you by telephone or text message to review transactions. The phone number will be 877-230-3179 or 33748 for text. Please contact them immediately to protect your account. To file a claim for unauthorized transactions, please call 800-808-6402.
If you need to reorder an existing Visa Debit Card due to damage, please call 832-769-3240 during regular business hours.
Attention Members Travelling Abroad
To ensure service and security of your Visa Debit Card when traveling abroad, please be sure to inform SFCU of your travel plans. This notification is strictly to safeguard your Visa Debit Card from unauthorized use and blocking card usage. Simply call a Visa representative at 866-664-9364 or the credit union at 832-769-3240 or email email@example.com. Please include your beginning and ending travel dates and travel location(s).
- Overdraft Protection
Something as simple as a mistake in addition or subtraction or forgetting to enter an automatic transfer can cause a check to be returned for insufficient funds.
A returned check may not only damage your reputation with a merchant, but may cost you hard-earned cash. It's easy to protect yourself from this expense and embarrassment by adding overdraft protection to your SFCU Checking Account.
Overdraft protection * is available from your Savings Account or your SFCU Overdraft Line of Credit Loan. Our Overdraft Line of Credit Loan offers:
- $1,000 Maximum
- $25 minimum monthly payment
- Transfer in $100 increments
- Fixed Rate
*SFCU offers overdraft protection from your savings account. In the event you do not have the funds in your checking account to cover a transaction, we can overdraft from your savings account to pay it. There is no monthly service charge to have this protection. In the event that you need us to overdraft from your savings account, a $2.00 overdraft fee per transfer will be charged to your checking account. Restrictions apply; member must qualify for line of credit loan. Applicable interest applies for line of credit advances. Please call for more information.